Call for Abstracts
The CIMT program committee is calling for abstract submission in the following categories:
- Therapeutic Vaccination
- Cellular Therapy
- New Targets & New Leads
- Tumor Biology and Interaction with the Immune System
- Improving Immunity
As every year, CIMT offers travel awards for young scientists from underrepresented countries. See below for more information.
Abstract submissions will only be accepted through the online abstract submission platform.
All abstract authors/presenters must register for the conference prior to the submission of an abstract.
The abstract submission deadline is March 2, 2018. Abstract notificiations will be sent by April 9, 2018.
Proceed as follows:
1. Register for the CIMT 2018 Annual Meeting and obtain your registration passcode.
2. Submit abstract (see Submission Guidelines for more information) no later than March 2, 2018.
Abstract Review Process
All submitted abstracts will be a reviewed in a blinded peer review process.
All accepted abstracts will be presented as posters during the meeting. Selected abstracts will be presented as short-talks. All abstracts will be considered.
In case your abstract is not accepted, you may cancel your registration free of charge. However, if your abstract is accepted but not selected for a short talk presentation, this policy does not apply.
Request for Withdrawal
Once an abstract has been submitted, it may be withdrawn only by written request from the abstract presenter. The request may be sent to email@example.com and must be received at least 30 days prior to the start of the conference.
Notification of Abstract Status
All individuals listed as abstract presenters will be notified of acceptance or rejection by email. Reviewing is scheduled to be finalized in the first week of April, and notifications will be sent by April 9 to the email address provided at the time of abstract submission. If an abstract is not accepted for poster presentation, the presenter may request a full refund of the registration fee by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract Format Information
Abstracts are to be submitted in English. Please be sure to carefully check your abstract for content errors, spelling, names, etc. before submitting. The organizers do not proofread to correct spelling, typographical, grammatical, or scientific errors.
For technical questions, please contact the abstract submission help desk (email@example.com). For other questions, please contact the conference organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a guideline, the abstract text should not exceed a maximum of 3,000 characters (incl. spaces). Please submit text only. Double-check all your special characters. SI units should be used throughout (liter and molar are permitted, however). Abbreviations should be used as sparingly as possible. They should be defined when first used.
All accepted abstracts will be presented as posters during the meeting. From all accepted entries, the abstract committee will select abstracts to be presented as short-talks.
At the conference, you will be provided with a 1m (width) x 1.5m (height) bulletin board for your poster. Authors selected to present in the short-talk sessions will have 10 minutes for presentation and an additional 5 minutes for discussion. All accepted abstracts will be made available online.
At the meeting, all poster entries will be judged by an international judging panel to select the 2018 Poster Award winners.
For special questions about the 2018 CIMT abstract submission, please contact email@example.com
CIMT Travel Awards
CIMT selects young scientists from underrepresented countries for travel awards of up to 1000 EUR plus free conference admission to offset meeting-related expenses.
Travel awards can only be issued to scientists who have submitted an abstract and are registered to attend the meeting.
Travel award applications must be received by March 2, 2018.
See the following guidelines to increase your chances of being considered for a travel award:
• Register for CIMT 2018 and submit your abstract. Should you be selected for a travel award, your registration fee will be reimbursed.
• As a single PDF document, send us your curriculum vitae, including your name, address, e-mail and cell phone number, institution, earned degrees, current degree program, honors and awards, research experience, and a list of publications and previous presentations. Include a short biographical sketch and description of your scientific interests and goals. Attach a letter from your supervisor providing a recommendation, and a confirmation that the research presented was conducted by you or explaining your specific role in the research presented. Don’t forget to include your abstract title as submitted to CIMT 2018. Send your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org, Re: 2018 Travel Award.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com for more information.